Damage & Repairs Administrator
- May 2019
- Toronto, Ontario
The Damage & Repairs Administrator manages a portfolio according to the standards defined in our client contracts, as well as company policy and procedures, while delivering a high standard of service at all times.
He/she is responsible for the timely and efficient administration of client files and for profitability of services provided to such clients. His/her responsibility will also include making informed and appropriate decisions, maintaining accurate records, maintaining a neat and clean workplace, able to takeover peers’ workload/portfolio in case of absence, timely and effective communication with Sr. Management and peers.
• Create new records in the Veranova Property Management System on receipt of a Service Request from the client
• Contact the inspector by telephone and fax or E-mail to initiate the file, follow up with the inspector to ensure timelines are met. Report findings to the client within timelines defined in the client Service Level Agreement.
• Review reporting and photos to determine if the damages are consistent with a move performed by client (moving company).
• Prepare and submit reporting to client ensuring reports are complete and accurate.
• Prepare and submit estimates for repairs to client ensuring estimates are complete and accurate.
• Ensure markups are established according to policy and procedures.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate full execution of all approved work, including but not limited to, thorough review of after photos, appeasement of property owner and client.
• Report any safety issues to the client immediately and provide direction to the inspector.
• Coordination and communication with all necessary parties (homeowner, relocation firm, tenant)
• Care and consideration for client sensitive files
• Reconciliation of accounts- ensure work is completed and billed to client, as well, payment made to vendors
• Establish and maintain cordial relationships with field inspectors, ensuring mutual respect, and recognition of each other’s value in achieving the overall objectives of the company.
• Establish and maintain cordial relationships with all client or clients’ lawyer contacts, including seeking out and exploring opportunities for expansion or enhancement of our role in meeting their needs.
• Audit monthly Key Indicator Report
• Audit monthly To-do Report.
• Audit monthly non-invoiced items prior to month end process.
You will also perform related duties and other duties assigned from time to time by the Company. The Company reserves the right to modify these duties as it deems appropriate.
Knowledge /Skills / Abilities
• High School Diploma. Some Post-Secondary an asset.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Experience in Relocation & Moving Industry, Property Damage Insurance Claims, Home Maintenance & Repairs an asset
• Computer proficiency and speed
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong ability to diarize for required follow-up
• Team Player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
Veranova is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may contact us at 416-701-9000.