- June 2019
- Montreal, Quebec
Reports to: Team Lead or Operations Manager
The Property Administrator manages properties according to the standards defined in the client Service Level Agreements, as well as company policy and procedures, while delivering quality service at all times.
He/she is responsible for the timely and efficient administration of client files and for profitability of services provided to such clients. His/her responsibility will also include making accurate and appropriate decisions, maintaining accurate records, maintaining a neat and clean workplace, able to takeover peers’ workload/portfolio in case of absence, timely and effective communication with Sr. Management including escalation process and ongoing communication with peers.
- Create new records in the Veranova Property Management System on receipt of a Service Request from the client
- Contact the inspector by telephone and fax or E-mail to initiate the occupancy check, follow up with the inspector to ensure timelines are met. Report findings to the client within timelines defined in the client Service Level Agreement.
- When property must be secured, contact the inspector by telephone/fax or email to initiate the securing, follow up with the inspector to ensure timelines are met. Prepare and submit securing report and estimates to client ensuring report is complete and accurate.
- Ensure markups are established according to policy and procedures.
- Ensure all properties are winterized according to company policy and procedures to avoid freeze up in the winter months.
- Report all safety issues to the client immediately and provide direction to the inspector.
- Report all environmental issues to the client immediately and ensure inspector is aware of course of action to be taken.
- Ensure all emergency repairs are completed immediately by providing direction and follow-up with inspector.
- Ensure all utilities have been re-routed and terminate service once property has closed.
- Review pictures ensuring accuracy of estimates submitted.
- Once cleaning/repairs are approved by client co-ordinate work completion with the inspector. Report completion of such cleaning/repairs to the client ensuring timelines are met.
- Administer all tenanted files according to governing guidelines, preparing and submitting tenancy legal documents if required.
- Ensure tenanted properties are maintained according to the applicable landlord and tenancies provincial legislation and company policy and procedures.
- Collect rents for all tenanted properties.
- Report all escalated issues to Sr. Management if timelines are not being met or any other issues not allowing for timelines to be met by using the Record of Complaint/Incident form.
- Provide Cost to Date for clients on demand in conjunction with accounting staff.
- Ensure inspector is notified when property ceases and cancel all utilities
- Follow up after closing date that all final utility bills have been received and posted to property account.
- Establish and maintain cordial relationships with field inspectors, ensuring mutual respect, and recognition of each other’s value in achieving the overall objectives of the company.
- Establish and maintain cordial relationships with all client or clients’ lawyer contacts, including seeking out and exploring opportunities for expansion or enhancement of our role in meeting their needs.
- Review and advise billing clerk on client billing.
- Audit monthly hold report at month end.
- Audit monthly drive-by report at month end.
- Audit monthly non-invoiced items prior to month end process.
You will also perform related duties and other duties assigned from time to time by the Company. The Company reserves the right to modify these duties as it deems appropriate.
Knowledge /Skills / Abilities
- High School Diploma. Some Post-Secondary an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Computer proficiency and speed
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to diarize for required follow-up
- Team Player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines